One Washington Correspondent witnessed and documented the Civil Rights March of 1968. Esther Van Wagoner Tufty describes the many sights, sounds, and people she met that historic day. Click here to read the whole article written in the Ogdensburg Journal in 1968.
The Northern New York Library Network is offering two online webinars this winter to assist libraries in understanding and implementing RDA
Post expires on Wednesday March 8th, 2017
New Year’s resolutions, omens, and traditions abound. Ever wonder what would happen if you were a Babylonian King during the new year’s festival? Or what traditions the Scottish have for their new year? Click here to read the whole article written for the Cazenovia Republican in December of 1983.
Wednesday, March 1, 2017 – Albany, NY
Library advocates can visit one-on-one with their legislators to inform them of NYLA’s State Budget Priorities for the year.
Advocacy Day Handout: Advocacy materials are distributed to Advocacy Day attendees to use in their meetings with legislators and staff.
Why is it important to travel to Albany to talk with my legislators about library issues?
- Libraries need you to speak out for them.
- Libraries need more state money.
- Legislators need to learn what libraries do for citizens of New York State.
- Massena Public Library – $3,987 to create a Library Screening Room.
- Thousand Islands Arts Center/Hand-Weaving Museum – $9,608 for Digitizing of the Hand-Weaving Collections of Mary Snider.
- Ticonderoga Historical Society -$10,000 for the Digitization of Selected Portions of the Burt Loescher Collection on Rogers’ Rangers in the French and Indian War.
- Crumb Library at SUNY Potsdam – $9,600 for for the purchase and installation of 2 Ultimaker 2+ 3D printers with 3D scanner in a newly created maker space in the college libraries at SUNY Potsdam
- Canton Free Library- $4,950 for a lifetime subscription to Mango Languages.
- Feinberg Library at SUNY Plattsburgh- $10,000 for Building a Digital Scholarship Infrastructure for Teaching and Learning.