These are the job openings in the region that we have been made aware of. Please contact the offering organization for more detials.
Empire State Library Network is hiring a part-time Delivery Services Specialist.
The Delivery Services Specialist is responsible for the support and improvement of Empire Library Delivery (ELD), a statewide delivery service that transports material between libraries across New York State.
This is an hourly, non-exempt, part-time position (approximately 25 hours per week) working out of the Capital District Library Council in Albany, NY. This position reports to the Empire Library Delivery Manager.
ELD is a statewide delivery service maintained by the Empire State Library Network (ESLN). ESLN contracts with an independent shipping service to provide daily delivery to participating libraries.
Empire State Library Network’s Delivery Services Specialist serves as the primary contact for libraries participating in ELD and is the liaison between participating libraries and the delivery services vendor. The Delivery Services Specialist will provide service information and resolve any emerging issues with accuracy and efficiency.
The Delivery Services Specialist:
- Ensures excellent service standards by responding efficiently to customer inquiries, maintaining high customer satisfaction, and soliciting customer feedback.
- Handles customer complaints, provides appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follows up to ensure resolution.
- Liaises with the courier regarding delivery service issues and concerns on a day-to-day basis; investigates issues when there is not enough information to resolve customer concerns.
- Prepares and distributes Empire Library Delivery news and updates to member libraries.
- Orders and distributes Empire Library Delivery supplies, such as bags and totes.
- Reconciles invoices, billing, and authorizes payments.
- Prepares instructional and marketing material for ELD participants.
- Provides weekly service reports to the Empire Library Delivery Manager, summarizing resolved and ongoing issues.
- Assists in the development of delivery improvements, managing the ELD Practitioners Group to solicit feedback and suggested improvements.
- Collects and maintains delivery statistics.
- Keeps records of customer interactions and files documents.
The ideal candidate is eager to help Empire Library Delivery (ELD) participants by providing exemplary customer service. The successful candidate will be highly effective at proactively solving delivery service issues and ensuring that both the ELD participants and the courier meet Empire Library Delivery standards. Additionally, the candidate:
- Has excellent customer service skills and demonstrated experience; handles customer interactions with poise and professional demeanor
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is attentive to detail and works accurately and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Is a confident and natural troubleshooter, handling service issues with patience, efficiency, and thorough communication
- Is able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Has working knowledge of computer applications such as the Google Suite and Mailchimp, with the ability to learn new programs
- Has familiarity with interlibrary loan or demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Has familiarity with logistics or demonstrates a willingness to learn
EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree preferred, Associate’s required.
COMPENSATION: $15-$20/hour, based on experience. This position does not include benefits.
To apply: Interested applicants should email, in PDF format, a resume, professional references, and cover letter to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled, however preference will be given to applications received by December 22.
Post expires on Saturday December 23rd, 2017
The Northern New York Library Network (NNYLN), one of New York State’s most innovative library systems, invites applications and nominations for an entrepreneurial leader with vision, imagination and enthusiasm to serve as Executive Director. The successful candidate will be able to build alliances, foster networking and collaboration among various types of libraries, and manage significant projects that scale from regional to statewide.
About NNYLN: NNYLN is a multi-type library cooperative covering the seven counties on the northern border of New York. Its members include all types of libraries, including library systems, academic, public, and special libraries. Its service area is 10,637 square miles with a population of 550,436. NNYLN provides members with a wide array of services, including New York State Historic Newspapers, New York Heritage, DueNorth resource sharing, continuing education programs, grant opportunities, and the region’s medical information program.
NNYLN’s offices are located in Potsdam, NY, in the heart of the North Country, where there is a vibrant blend of outdoor activities, safe, affordable communities and easy access to the advantages of larger cities. The Canton-Potsdam area is uniquely located between the 1000 Islands and the Adirondack Park, two historically famous areas, and features numerous opportunities for both river and mountain recreation. The region’s blend of cultural and higher education opportunities (four universities in the immediate area), excellent public schools and very affordable housing make this area an appealing place to live.
About the position: The successful candidate will be able to foster innovation and collaboration among various types of libraries and envision significant projects that reflect the needs of the members. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to advocate on behalf of member libraries; show a commitment to understanding and responding to emerging issues in the library and technology fields; show proven success working with and reporting to a governing board; demonstrate political acumen in working with state government; and document a successful record of human resource administration and fiscal management.
The successful candidate must hold an MLS from an ALA-accredited program, and have eight or more full years of professional library experience (post-MLS), with at least four of those years in an administrative capacity.
Compensation: The beginning salary range is $90,000-$125,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. NNYLN offers an excellent benefits package including a 12% TIAA contribution, 24 vacation days, 6 personal days, 12 sick days, health, disability, and dental insurance.
To apply: Interested applicants should email, in PDF format, a resume, professional references, and cover letter that specifically addresses the requirements and responsibilities of the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Director” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled, however preference will be given to applications received by January 19, 2018.
Post expires on Friday January 19th, 2018