These are the job openings in the region that we have been made aware of. Please contact the offering organization for more details.
CSEA Clerk Position
Jurisdictional Class: C
Part-time positions: NC .
Location: All Jurisdictions
Fr. Cty. Grade: 3
Date: 6/14/16 .
Part-Time Library Clerk
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: The work is primarily of a routine nature and involves the performance of standardized clerical tasks. Although detailed instructions are given for new or difficult assignments and procedures are rather definitely fixed, employees must exercise independent judgment in applying them to specific cases. Alertness and willingness to learn and prepare for assignments of progressively increasing difficulty are essential attributes for employees in this title. The work is performed under direct supervision. The incumbent does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
Sorts, indexes, and files mail, bills, requisitions, ledger cards and other material;
Pulls material from files, makes simple file searchers and maintains charge-out records;
Issues and records applications, licenses and permits;
Collects fees and accounts for monies received;
Checks reports and records for clerical accuracy and completeness;
Maintains various ledgers, spreadsheets, etc.;
Answers telephone and gives out routine information;
Maintains time records and payroll data;
Makes arithmetical computations and compiles simple statistical reports.
May operate various office equipment such as: computer, typewriter, copier, mailing machine, etc.;
FULL PERFORMANCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Working knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment; working knowledge of business arithmetic and English; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to get along well with others; ability to write legibly; clerical aptitude; mental alertness; neatness; accuracy; tact and courtesy.
A. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma; or
B. One year of clerical experience.
Completed Franklin County Civil Service application (Application-for-Exam-or-Employ-Rev-1-18-16) and letter of interest should be sent to:
TARA A. SMITH
Director of Human Resources
North Country Community College
23 Santanoni Avenue, Saranac Lake, NY 12983
Post expires on Tuesday July 30th, 2019
- Provides leadership and support for all aspects of the implemented web discovery platform, ILS, and other related library systems
- Engages students, faculty, and staff in regard to their utilization of library systems with the goal of optimizing user experience and accessibility
- Stays current with new technologies as applied to digital library platforms and works with appropriate LIT staff to implement upgrades and new technologies.
- Works with the Technical Services and Public Services staff and Collection Development and Acquisitions Librarian regarding configuration and operational support for acquisitions and resources management functions within the Library’s ILS
- Works with the Director of Research & Digital Scholarship Initiatives on technology platforms supporting the library and our digital collections
- Provides support, documentation, and training to other Librarians and staff working with component parts of the supported library systems as needed
- Stays current with developments in cataloging, bibliographic discovery, description and subject analysis, metadata standards
- Interfaces with external vendors support personnel and with colleagues from other academic institutions on consortia projects and initiatives.
- Evaluates with other librarians the effectiveness and efficiencies of existing library platforms/systems in support of desired configuration, layout, and design of library web resources
- Participates in instruction and research services to gain further insight into users’ practical experience with library discovery tools
General Library Faculty Responsibilities:
- Participates in LIT and Library planning initiatives and in establishing and evaluating goals, objectives, and priorities
- Hires, trains,
supervises,and evaluates any staff that may report to the position
- Serves on university-wide committees, task forces, or study groups as desired or needed
- An ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS degree or equivalent graduate degree and relevant experiences
- Experience, or demonstrated
interestin managing ILS and discovery platforms
- Experience with
the InnovativeInterfaces, Inc. ILS (Sierra)
- Experience working with other applications, systems, and tools, for example, Illiad, OCLCServices,
Ebscohost, or Serials Solutions (ProQuest)
- Experience working with
- Demonstrated Practical experience/familiarity with cataloging and metadata structures and relevant tools for data manipulation
- Familiarity with trends in scholarly communication
- Experience working in an academic library is desired, an academic library in a small liberal arts college is a plus
- Experience with staff supervision, training
anddevelopment (namely, library assistants and student workers)
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a letter of application, resume, and a statement in which you address how you will support our commitment to diversity and inclusion. These documents can be uploaded in the “Applicant Documents” section of your application.
- Professional reference contact information should be provided in the application form.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Description of Department:
Penfield Library is a dynamic, innovative, and learning-centered environment serving students, faculty
Penfield Library is committed to the practices of social justice, diversity, equality, and respect among our staff, students, collections, and services. We are actively working to build an inclusive environment by setting goals that directly reflect equity and
Penfield Library at the State University of New York at Oswego invites applications for a 12-month, tenure track Senior Assistant Librarian position.
February 15, 2019
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The State University of New York provides an excellent
Date of Appointment: As soon as possible
Description of Responsibilities:
The Access Services Librarian (Senior Assistant Librarian) will
In addition, the Access Services Librarian will be expected to demonstrate the potential for excellence in librarianship, scholarship, and service; commitment to undergraduate and graduate education
If you have any questions about the position, please call or e-mail:
Sharona Ginsberg, Search Committee Chair
Files must be complete (all documents requested and required in the application instructions submitted) to be considered. Official transcripts required at time of appointment.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Submit a letter of application addressing the required qualifications, including how you see yourself contributing to diversity, inclusion or equity issues at Penfield Library or SUNY Oswego; resume, copy of unofficial transcript for required degree showing degree awarded and date conferred or program in process, and contact information for three professional references (only the three referees listed in your Interview Exchange application can be considered and contacted) electronically by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please click here to login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.
Please click CONTACT US if you need assistance applying through this website.