The Northern New York Library Network offers a wide range of database services to its members.
Document Delivery: The Network subsidizes and supports innovative document delivery products such as:
- Ariel: Twelve libraries in the region have received subsidies and support from the Network for implementation of the Ariel document delivery system.
- Docutek: Four member academic libraries are receiving Docutek e-reserves services through the Network.
Free Access to Electronic Data Bases
- OmniFile/EBSCOhost: Makes over one million full text articles available to all libraries in the region.
- Newsbank: Featuring local online articles from the Watertown Daily Times and the Plattsburgh Press-Republican, this resource is the largest of its kind. Its diverse source types include printed and online newspapers, blogs, journals, newswires, broadcast transcripts and videos. Explore a specific issue or event through the detailed coverage provided by local reporting or compare a wide variety of viewpoints from across the country and internationally on topics such as politics, business, health, sports, cultural activities and people.
- World Cat: This database provides ready access to all OCLC holdings for those libraries, which are not OCLC subscribers.
- LWW Health: This electronic journal product provides full text for over 500 health related periodicals.
Shared Purchase Discounted Data Bases
- Overdrive: This electronic book product is available to all academic libraries in the region.
- Ask Us 24/7: A virtual cooperative reference service that provides participating libraries an opportunity to join other libraries in the region and the state to provide text-based online reference services. Ask Us 24/7 is originally a project of the WNYLRC and includes seven members of the Northern New York Library Network.
Libraries interested in Network services should contact the Network office at 315-265-1119.