The Northern New York Library Network offers a wide range of database services to its members.
Free Access to Electronic Databases
- OmniFile/EBSCOhost: Over one million full-text articles available to all libraries and their patrons in the region. Includes some Library/Info Science journals.
- The base URL to use with the authentication methods in your system is https://search.ebscohost.
- Watertown Daily Times via NewsBank: Search current and archived issues with full-color newspaper pages (2018 – current), full-text articles (1988-current) and content only published online.
- The base URL to use with your authentication method is https://infoweb.newsbank.com.
- Tech-Talk Database and Webinars: Technology lessons, articles, and webinars (live and recorded).
- Informed Librarian Online: A current awareness service for information workers that is distributed as a monthly email and available as a searchable archive dating back to 2003. With 330,000+ industry- specific documents and journal articles, it’s our preferred starting point for any professional lit search.
- WorldCat: When patrons need materials not found in a local ILS nor Due North, Worldcat can be used to discover holdings beyond the region to request via ILL. Public and school libraries have access to an OCLC Worldshare ILL account through their System.
Shared Purchase Discounted Databases
- Academic OverDrive Consortium: This shared ebook/audiobook collection is available to all academic libraries in the region, plus any academic library that is a member of their regional library council with fewer than 16,000 student FTE.
- Ask Us 24/7: Network-subsidized subscription to Springshare’s LibAnswers chat reference platform to help libraries offer remote reference service to their patrons 24/7.
Libraries interested in Network services should contact the Network office at 315-265-1119.