The Northern New York Library Network offers a wide range of database services to its members.
Document Delivery: The Network subsidizes and supports innovative document delivery products such as:
- Ariel: Twelve libraries in the region have received subsidies and support from the Network for implementation of the Ariel document delivery system.
- Docutek: Four member academic libraries are receiving Docutek e-reserves services through the Network.
Free Access to Electronic Data Bases
- OmniFile/EBSCOhost : Makes over one million full text articles available to all libraries in the region.
- Watertown Daily Times: The newspaper serves Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties in upstate New York. The paper is published in the city of Watertown, the Jefferson County seat, located 30 miles south of Canada; considered the gateway to the Adirondack Mountains. Sections of the Watertown Daily Times include local editorial, local sports, society and currents. (2/22/1988 – current)
- World Cat: This database provides ready access to all OCLC holdings for those libraries, which are not OCLC subscribers.
- LWW Health: This electronic journal product provides full text for over 500 health related periodicals.
Shared Purchase Discounted Data Bases
- Overdrive: This electronic book product is available to all academic libraries in the region.
- Ask Us 24/7: A virtual cooperative reference service that provides participating libraries an opportunity to join other libraries in the region and the state to provide text-based online reference services. Ask Us 24/7 is originally a project of the WNYLRC and includes seven members of the Northern New York Library Network.
Libraries interested in Network services should contact the Network office at 315-265-1119.