Outstanding Student Library Worker Award nominees exhibit these characteristics:
- Excellent Attendance Record
- Outstanding Patron Service Skills and Colleague Interaction
- Strong Leadership Among Peers
- Interest and Initiative
Awardees will be presented with a $30 Amazon gift card and a certificate suitable for inclusion on resumes.
Certificates and gift cards will be mailed to the address below for nominator to present to awardee.
Award limited to NNYLN Members. One award per organization. Members should submit their nomination by April 12, 2024.
Established in 1991, the NNYLN Award for Excellence in Library Service is intended to recognize outstanding contributions in the following areas:
- Supporting open access to information for all.
- Encouraging learning and offering library materials that meet local wants and needs.
- Enhancing and expanding library services to the community.
- Strengthening the library’s role and position in the community, including the community as a city or town, school, college or university, or a company, corporation, or institution.
- Promoting interlibrary cooperation and sharing.
Any staff member of any library in the Network’s service area is eligible to receive this prestigious award, which is given at the Network’s Annual Meeting.
Visit the website to view past recipients.
Nominations are due by April 12, 2024. The winner will be announced at the Network Annual Meeting on May 2.