Upcoming Continuing Education Classes
These are webinar and traditional classes offered by the Network and other members of Empire State Library Network. Please see each class description for more information about class location and registration.
Aug 12 2020 : Academic Reopening Panel –
Join us for a panel of academic librarians and administrators who will discuss their plans for reopening libraries when semesters begin this fall.
- Gerald Beasley, Carl A. Kroch University Librarian at Cornell
- Janet H. Clarke, Associate Dean, Research & User Engagement at Stony Brook University Libraries
- Fantasia Thorne-Ortiz, Library Department Chair at SUNY Onondaga Community College
- Michelle Young, Dean of Libraries at Clarkson University.
Some questions for the panel include:
- How do you ensure equity for students?
- What unsolved questions about reopening have come up on your campuses?
- How are you dealing with staffing while keeping proper protocols in place?
- What do we do about course reserves?
- If you are not reopening the physical location, how are you continuing to offer 100% customer service satisfaction?
- How flexible is your collection development policy and finances due to pressure for e-resources?
Please click here to view presentations from previous classes.