In August of 1961 the east German government closed the border between the east and west sectors of Berlin by building the infamous Berlin Wall. It became the symbol of the Cold War. The Plattsburgh-Press Republican discusses the propagandic value the wall held. To read the article from October 23, 1961, click here.
Events & Continuing Education
- Mid-Year First Year Experience Librarian Meeting Jan 19 2018
- (Webinar) DueNorth Morning Information Session Feb 6 2018
- (Webinar) DueNorth Afternoon Information Session Feb 7 2018
- (Webinar) Funding Campaigns for Small & Midsize Rural Libraries Feb 15 2018
- Red Flag! Identifying Preservation Needs While Processing Collections Apr 25 2018