The Western New York Library Resources Council, the Continuing Education Committee recently announced this year’s INTERSECT 2020: From Shushing To Shouting: Advocacy and Finding Your Voice which will take place online on October 2 from 9:30 am to 4 pm.
The purpose of INTERSECT is to facilitate a culture of co-learning among librarians and other interested professionals in the region by bringing people together to network and share ideas in an interactive, engaging, informal setting where participants determine the content.
- Advocacy & Storytelling
- Advocating for Library Staff During COVID-19
- But *I Am* Faculty: Self Advocacy in the Age of Title-Questioning
- Creating a Coordinated Advocacy Campaign From Nuts to Bolts
- Health Literacy & the Library
- An Intergenerational Book Club That Ignites Deep Discussion on Challenging Issues
- Open Data Scavenger Hunt
- Peer Sharing + Peer Learning = Community Empowerment
- Prepare, Partner, Protect, Propose, and Persevere: Advocating for a Dedicated Information Literacy Classroom
- The Right to Learn: Advocating for People Who Are Incarcerated
Full program and session schedule forthcoming! Register here!
The registration price this year is $20.20, to commemorate this interesting and unprecedented year! If you are a library worker who would like to attend the 2020 Intersect Unconference but have been furloughed or otherwise economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact us, as we are currently working on financial assistance for our colleagues in need.