Job Description: Discovery Services Librarian
Penfield Library at the State University of New York at Oswego invites applications for a 12-month, tenure track Senior Assistant Librarian position.
Posting Date: June 29, 2017
Review Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition, the State University of New York provides an excellent benefit package. Click here for more information on benefits for full-time United University Professions (UUP) faculty or click here for a benefits summary.
Date of Appointment: August 2017
Description of Responsibilities:
- Assume a leadership role in providing access to electronic resources, including: administration such as interface changes and technical issues; maintaining and generating usage reports to support collection development decisions; and assisting with database trials.
- Manage and administer the library’s discovery tool, integrated knowledge base, and OpenURL link resolver.
- Promote the use of electronic resources and identify training opportunities within the library.
- Collaborate on leading the review and evaluation of electronic resources.
- Maintain EZProxy, including updating stanzas and user files, and monitoring trouble reports and server logs.
- Provide day-to-day maintenance of website and intranet; collaborate with Coordinator of Library Technology and other stakeholders on web redesigns and usability testing.
- Provide backup technical support for the institutional repository.
- Serve as liaison to assigned academic departments, with responsibility for subject specialized collection development and instruction.
- Participate in Research Help Desk rotation for on-site and virtual reference, including some evening and weekend shifts.
- Engage in educational opportunities and work to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
In addition, this position will be expected to display a demonstrated potential for excellence in librarianship, scholarship, and service; commitment to undergraduate and graduate education; and possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students and colleagues.
Post expires on Tuesday August 1st, 2017