The 2017 NYAC Poster Session Committee is accepting proposals for the NYAC conference poster session to be held at the 2017 NYAC Conference.
The conference will be held at Utica College in Utica, NY, June 7-9, 2017.
Eligibility for Submitting a Poster Presentation Proposal:
- Anyone working in a position as an archivist or historian for a repository containing historical records, with preference given to those working in New York State.
- Individuals who are significantly involved in archival arrangement and description, reference services, digitization or other technology-based projects, preservation/conservation of paper or electronic material, etc., in a professional archival setting, with preference given to those working in New York State.
- Students attending a graduate program that includes a concentration in Archival Studies (or Library Science or Information Studies program with significant archival coursework), with preference given to those within New York State.
- The work of joint authors is also acceptable.
Poster Presentation Content:
- Topics of interest to archivists and local historians, including but not limited to archival theory and practice, practical solutions to problems in archives, new initiatives (especially electronic collections or electronic access) in the world of archives, advocacy, etc., are appropriate.
- Topics may also include such work as the use of historical records collections for research and/or educational purposes.
- Poster presentation content should be directly appropriate for use by, and of interest to, conference attendees.
Submission Instructions and Deadlines:
Revised Deadline: The new deadline for receipt of proposals is March 31, 2017 (mailed proposals must be postmarked by March 31). No late proposals will be accepted.
Participant selection will be based on the quality of proposals submitted. Applicants will be notified of the status of their submission by April 12, 2017.
All applicants whose poster proposals are accepted will be expected to supply their own materials for the poster presentation, including presentation boards, means of adhering their poster, etc., according to specifications provided by NYAC with confirmation of acceptance.
To prepare and submit a proposal, please complete the proposal form available on the New York Archives Conference website at http://www.nyarchivists.org/nyac/.
Preferred submission is by email attachment to Debra Kimok, email@example.com.
Applications will be available on the NYAC website soon!
or by mail to:
Feinberg Library Special Collections
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Please note that the poster session is intended for content related to scholarship, case studies, etc.
For those who wish to promote or inform others regarding their archives, collections, activities, etc., an opportunity for the display of such material will be made available in a different area for the duration of the conference. Promotional display materials may include posters, brochures, and other types of handouts, etc.
If you are interested in participating in this promotional opportunity, please contact Debra Kimok, firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to May 31, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact the NYAC Poster Committee Chair Debra Kimok, email@example.com.