Date(s) - Aug 20 2019
10:30 am - 2:30 pm
‘Important Conversations: An Inro to Racism’ incorporates a morning talk and discussion followed by an interactive afternoon session with applied learning opportunities.
- Racism: Definition and Terminology
- Introduction to Topics of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Microaggression, Implicit Bias, Bias, Prejudice
- White Privilege, White Fragility, Systemic Racism
- Identity-Based Ignorance/Prejudice
- Influences of media on practice, procedure, and policies
Handouts and other resources will be available.
Lunch will be included – please indicate food sensitivities in the comments box upon registering.
This workshop is presented in partnership with the Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at SUNY Potsdam.
Kathryn Agar, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Assistant: Coming soon.
Matthew LaVine, Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies: Coming soon.
Lonel Woods, Associate Professor, Voice/Co-Chair of Music Performance: Read Dr. Woods full bio here.