Date(s) - Aug 12 2020
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for a panel of academic librarians and administrators who will discuss their plans for reopening libraries when semesters begin this fall.
- Gerald Beasley, Carl A. Kroch University Librarian at Cornell
- Janet H. Clarke, Associate Dean, Research & User Engagement at Stony Brook University Libraries
- Fantasia Thorne-Ortiz, Library Department Chair at SUNY Onondaga Community College
- Michelle Young, Dean of Libraries at Clarkson University.
Some questions for the panel include:
- How do you ensure equity for students?
- What unsolved questions about reopening have come up on your campuses?
- How are you dealing with staffing while keeping proper protocols in place?
- What do we do about course reserves?
- If you are not reopening the physical location, how are you continuing to offer 100% customer service satisfaction?
- How flexible is your collection development policy and finances due to pressure for e-resources?