Carthage Free Library is seeking an enthusiastic and high-energy individual to fill the role of Library Assistant, part time (up to 10 hours/week). Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: checking items in and out, pulling holds, processing materials, registering patrons, collecting fines, shelving and shelf maintenance. Customer service skills are a must.
Qualifications, Desired Knowledge, Skills:
• Ability to relate tactfully and courteously with the public and to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
• Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills.
• A degree of comfort with technology.
• Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift.
• Ability to perform with minimal supervision, establish and maintain priorities, meet deadlines, exercise initiative, and make independent decisions.
• Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to represent the library in a professional manner.
• Assist with general upkeep and light maintenance of the library.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Graduation from high school or possession of GED
Compensation: Starting $13.20 per hour
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume with three references to Christina Bamberg at email@example.com with the subject heading “Library Assistant Position”.
Deadline for application is April 4, 2022.
For more information, visit: https://carthagefreelibrary.org/