The Penfield Library at the State University of New York at Oswego invites applications to fill a full-time Library Clerk 2 position.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- $37,507 annually; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Perform specialized library clerical activities in support of one or more of the organizational units within the library, including (but not limited to) maintaining and creating online databases; maintaining accounts for individual patrons and/or vendors; processing of invoices and credits; processing check-ins and check-outs; processing reserve requests, assisting with cataloging; assisting in special collections, circulation, interlibrary loan, serials, acquisitions, and/or technical services.
- Help customers locate print and electronic materials, answer questions, and make referrals to a librarian; provide assistance with using equipment.
- Organize and maintain the library collection including shelving and shelf-reading.
- Assist in training newly hired personnel as well as other library staff; supervise and schedule student assistants.
- Engage in Library-sponsored educational/training opportunities, including opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
- Perform other tasks consistent with the New York State Department of Civil Service classification standard for Library Clerk 2, Grade 9.
Candidates must be permanent competitive or 55 b/c employees of New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Post expires on Monday November 29th, 2021