The Paine Memorial Free Library in Willsboro, New York is seeking a full-time Director (35 hours per week) who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Library. Interviews will take place in October 2021. The position will begin in early November 2021.
General Attributes of Applicant:
- Dynamic interpersonal skills that will enable her/him to work effectively and respectfully with people of all ages.
- Ability to organize work for efficient use of time.
- Excellent oral, written, and computer skills.
- Studies and plans development of Library Services to meet present and future community needs in keeping with the Library’s mission statement and operating policies.
- Initiates, organizes and follows through on programs, services, and projects.
- Develops print and non-print collections, including selection, organization, maintenance, preservation, withdrawal, and disposal of materials.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of Library personnel.
- Supervises Library personnel and volunteers to create a harmonious team environment.
- Administers personnel policies and procedures for Library employees and volunteers – including training, development, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the Library Profession, including technological advances, through professional development opportunities offered by the CEF Library System and other organizations.
- Committed to excellence in customer service.
- Promotes and publicizes the Library’s collections, services, and programs, via print and the internet.
- Works with volunteers in promoting the Library in the community.
- Advises, consults, and confers with other libraries, professionals, officials, citizen and community groups, as needed.
- Serves on professional and community committees, as requested, to advance the Library and the Library profession.
- Oversees all aspects of the physical plant, grounds, and equipment.
- Takes appropriate action in emergencies.
- Purchases equipment and furnishings as needed.
- Maintains an inventory of furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Provides leadership and direction for major development projects, including construction and renovation of facilities.
- Schedules and supervises contract services and maintenance personnel.
Library Board of Trustees:
- Participates in meetings of the Library Board of Trustees.
- Prepares narrative and statistical reports for the Board.
- Confers with the Board to establish operating policies and to plan and review the Library’s menu of services.
- Prepares administrative reports accurately and in a clear and logical manner.
- Reviews and evaluates the Library’s services and programs on an annual basis while preparing the Annual Report for the State Library.
- Works with the Library Treasurer to maintain accurate financial reporting.
- Seeks out and prepares grant requests to State/Federal agencies and non-profit foundations.
- Administers grant funds upon award.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Teaching or business background is a plus.
The starting salary will be commensurate with experience ($40,000 plus) with an attractive benefits package.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post expires on Sunday October 31st, 2021