The North Country Library System is currently seeking candidates for a Web Services Coordinator.
The NCLS Web Services Coordinator:
- Works with member libraries and system staff to develop guidelines, procedures and documentation that ensure websites are implemented in pursuit of best practices and library standards.
- Manages the system’s website
- Provides website maintenance support to member libraries through one-on-one consultations and group instruction
- Works collaboratively with system staff to support digital projects and develop new online initiatives
- Explores technologies to improve access to library resources, services, and information
- Helps manage online services such as Springshare products and mobile app technology
- Participates in local, state-level and national-level meetings, training, and conferences when appropriate. Regularly engages in professional development activities.
- Occasionally travels to member libraries for consultations
- Performs other duties in the IT department as needed
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in web design field
- Experience working with WordPress core, designing, and implementing new features and functionality, and establishing and guiding website architecture.
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- The ability to communicate complex technical material to users who possess varying levels of technical skills and abilities
Annual Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $40,000-$45,000 based on experience plus generous benefits package that includes membership in the NYS Employee Retirement and supplemental insurance options.
Position is open until filled with initial review of applicants beginning June 21, 2021.
Click HERE for a detailed job description and application instructions.