Paul Smith’s College is surrounded by lakes, streams, and forests, making it a prime location to learn about ecosystems and environmental issues where students, faculty and staff share a deep connection to the natural world. Faculty and staff are dedicated to providing unique, hands-on opportunities to give students the skills necessary for a successful and meaningful career.
We are seeking a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt, Library Technician ($14.00 per hour).
The Library Technician provides exceptional customer service support to library patrons and assists staff with administrative duties of the library. They support the educational mission of the College through work in the areas of library circulation, collection maintenance, and staffing the library service desk. Typical duties include implementing and enforcing circulation policy through managing overdue notifications, renewals, and holds as well as administration of late & replacement fees. Oversees rotating displays, prepare building signage, and write external communications from the library to the PSC community. The ideal candidate will provide excellent patron service and assist with patron transactions at library front desk.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational and office management skills, including the ability to multi-task.
- Background in customer service, communications, or related area.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively work within a small team both in person and electronically using email, internal messaging, institutional software and phone systems.
- Ability to interpret and communicate information to patrons effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and technology, ability to use office software and learn new applications as needed.
- Library experience preferred.
- Ability to work evenings, usually one evening per week, Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday or Thursday.
- Reliable transportation.
Applicants should complete the on-line application and submit a letter of intent, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
See the job posting and apply online here.
Post expires on Saturday June 26th, 2021