Due to the retirement of the current director, the Henderson Free Library is looking for a new director. Nestled in a rural lakeside (Lake Ontario) community in southern Jefferson County, this association library is a valued community resource actively supported by its patrons and the town.
Reporting to the library’s Board of Trustees, the Library Director develops and manages the collection, recommends library policies, monitors library services, manages the annual budget, creates public relations materials and programming for children and adults, supervises staff and volunteers, stays informed of developments in library management, and works closely with the North Country Library System.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Management of all library services, including circulation, operations, and activities consistent with library policies and NYS law.
- Supervision and development of support staff and volunteers.
- Development and evaluation of all library programming.
- Good judgment, resourcefulness, a positive attitude, enthusiasm, and flexibility.
- A welcoming attitude and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Budget preparation in collaboration with the Board, recommendation of policies and goals, and regular communication with the Library Board of Trustees.
- Ability to use and teach current technologies.
- Familiarity with NYLA and ALA regulations and the importance of confidentiality.
- Two academic years of study at an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience in a library setting.
- Experience with community outreach or related community work.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous employment in a library.
- 33 hours per week, with some flexibility based on current library activities.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
An application and more information about the Henderson Free Library are available at the library (8939 State Route 178, Henderson, NY 13650) or by email request (email@example.com).
The application, along with a resume and the names and contact information for three academic or professional references should be submitted to Ann Trowbridge, Trustee, 11465 Ayles Road, Adams, NY 13605, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission is June 19, 2021.
Post expires on Saturday June 26th, 2021