Nominations are now being accepted for the Excellence in Library Service and Outstanding Student Work Awards. Please see below for more details and deadlines for each!
Excellence in Library Service Award Nomination
Established in 1991, the NNYLN Award for Excellence in Library Service is intended to recognize outstanding contributions in the following areas:
- Supporting open access to information for all.
- Encouraging learning and offering library materials that meet local wants and needs.
- Enhancing and expanding library services to the community.
- Strengthening the library’s role and position in the community, including the community as a city or town, school, college or university, or a company, corporation, or institution.
- Promoting interlibrary cooperation and sharing.
Any staff member of any library in the Network’s service area is eligible to receive this prestigious award, which is given at the Network’s Annual Meeting. Visit this page to view past recipients.
Nominations are due by April 9, 2021. The winner will be announced virtually at the Annual Meeting on May 20, 2021.
Outstanding Student Worker Award
Outstanding Student Worker award recipients should exhibit these characteristics:
- Excellent Attendance Record
- Outstanding Patron Service Skills and Colleague Interaction
- Strong Leadership Among Peers
- Interest and Initiative
Awardees will be presented with a $25 Amazon gift card and a certificate suitable for mention on resumes.
Please indicate the student’s current mailing address as the award will be mailed directly to the student.
Award limited to NNYLN Members. Limit one award per organization. Members should submit their nomination by April 1, 2021.