The Pulaski Public Library is looking for a dedicated and patron focused individual for the permanent position of Library Director. Pulaski is a community centrally located between Watertown and Syracuse, NY and within five miles of the eastern shore of Lake Ontario.
The Library Director reports to the Board of Trustees and has the primary responsibility for the operation and management of the Library. This position has a particular emphasis on patron and community service, and, among other duties, will include the following:
- Administering Board policies and making policy recommendations to the Board
- Preparing the budget
- Supervising, hiring, and evaluating personnel as well as training staff and volunteers
- Accountability for promoting and evaluating activities, programs, and services
- Reviewing and approving selection of all materials for purchase
- Participating in professional meetings, classes, conferences and workshops
- Working with elected and school officials as well as civic organizations to promote public relations and community outreach
- Grant writing
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, Associate’s degree preferred. Applicants should have experience in public and customer service. The ideal candidate will demonstrate flexibility, excellent communication skills, strong technology skills and an appreciation for the importance of public library service in a small community.
The position begins April 1, 2020, and is based on a 35 hour work week with nights and weekends as needed. Compensation will range between $16-$18 per hour based on experience. Benefits include NYS Retirement and medical insurance. Vacation and sick days as well as paid holidays are available. A background check will be conducted.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three current references to:
Mr. Roy Randall, Library Board President
4917 N. Jefferson Street
Pulaski, NY 13142
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the job is filled.
Post expires on Tuesday June 9th, 2020