Integrated Library System and Website Administrator
The North Country Library System (NCLS) is located along the Black River in Watertown, NY. Our mission is to support local libraries and the communities they serve to maximize sharing, creativity, and innovation and improve the lives of North Country residents at home, at work, at school and at play. We do that by providing shared resources and services to 65 member libraries across Oswego, Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence Counties. NCLS has an opening for an Integrated Library System and Website Administrator to manage our regional library catalog and system web presence. The ILS and Website Administrator:
- Provides leadership in areas of web and ILS management, configuration, needs assessment and support.
- Coordinates development, design and maintenance of NCLS and member websites and administers the Integrated Library System (ILS) and peripherals, supporting a variety of services including circulation, cataloging, reports, external interface functions and public access.
- Serves as primary contact with library automation software vendor to fulfill software development requests and enhance functionality, and acts as the interface between the ILS consortium, the ILS vendor and third-party vendors.
- Coordinates development, design and maintenance of the ILS with the NCLS Technology and Technical Services Teams and member libraries. Utilizes performance applications and develops strategies for changes, enhancements, testing and upgrades as required.
- Completes all routine activities required to keep the database in good running order and proactively explores and identifies ways to improve ILS support and administration.
- Works with member libraries to develop guidelines, procedures and documentation that ensures websites and the ILS are implemented in pursuit of best practices and library standards.
- Participates in local, state-level and national-level meetings, trainings, and conferences when appropriate. Regularly engages in professional development activities.
- Assesses effectiveness of current systems, reviews new systems that aid staff and public and recommends changes as needed.
- Occasional travel required to member libraries
Required qualifications: MLS (or equivalent) from an ALA accredited institution or AAS/BS and 4-6 years of library technology experience. Experience managing library catalog systems and web platforms.
Desired qualifications: Experience with Sirsi/Dynix. Familiarity with circulation, cataloging and acquisitions workflows. Experience writing and running a variety of system reports. Practical familiarity with cataloging and metadata structures and relevant tools for data manipulation. Strong written/oral communication skills including the ability to present complex technical issues to internal and external colleagues and end users who possess varying degrees of technical experience. Demonstrated experience with Drupal and/or WordPress platforms.
Annual Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $50,000-$60,000 based on experience plus generous benefits package that includes membership in the NYS Employee Retirement Plan; supplemental insurance options.
The North Country Library System (NCLS) is one of 23 public library systems in New York State. NCLS is a cooperative system, providing support and consultation to 65 public libraries in Jefferson, Lewis, Oswego, and St. Lawrence counties. The NCLS Board of Trustees has nine members: two representatives from each of the four counties and one from the Central or Co-Central Libraries. NCLS is guided and governed by New York State Education Law, Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, and its bylaws. NCLS is an AA/EEO Employer. NCLS has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled, review of applications will begin February 18, 2020. For more information and to access the application please go to: https://web.ncls.org/page/job-opportunities
Post expires on Sunday May 3rd, 2020