The Board of Trustees of the North Country Library System (NCLS) seeks a part time treasurer who will report to the Board of Trustees. The work may vary from month to month, but should not require more than an average of 6-8 hours per month. The board proposes an annual stipend of $5,500.00.
The Treasurer should be aware of all written Board approved fiscal policies and the basic financial procedures used by the system. The Treasurer should also understand basic accounting principles and the system’s funding sources. The Treasurer should have a commitment to the work of the system, and to that end should foster a positive working relationship with members of the Board of Trustees, the Director, and the Business Office Manager, be aware of and abstain from any conflicts of interest, follow through on recommendations from the Board in a timely manner, assist in preparation of the budget, and may attend meetings of the NCLS Board and Finance Committee.
These are the responsibilities involved:
- Creates monthly treasurer’s reports summarizing the system’s revenues, expenditures, and balances.
- May be asked to attend regularly scheduled and special meetings of the Finance Committee and Board of Trustees and presents treasurer’s reports at those meetings as requested.
- Reviews and signs all accounts payable checks as a second signature on all checks issued by the system unless a conflict presents them from doing so.
- Reviews and reconciles all system accounts, including checking and investment accounts.
- Reviews system’s cash flow statements monthly
- Review annual audit
- Review annual budget prepared by the director
- When necessary, sign checks and bank account transfers.
- Meet with Finance Committee twice each year
- Professional training and experience in accounting (5+ years)
- A thorough understanding of record keeping, accounting systems, and financial reports
- Ability to respond to questions and “translate” financial information for the trustees
- Proficient in the use of Quickbooks or other accounting software
Please send your resume, a cover letter outlining your qualifications for the position, and the names and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com by January 21, 2020. For more information: https://web.ncls.org/page/job-opportunities
Post expires on Monday February 10th, 2020