- Provides leadership and support for all aspects of the implemented web discovery platform, ILS, and other related library systems
- Engages students, faculty, and staff in regard to their utilization of library systems with the goal of optimizing user experience and accessibility
- Stays current with new technologies as applied to digital library platforms and works with appropriate LIT staff to implement upgrades and new technologies.
- Works with the Technical Services and Public Services staff and Collection Development and Acquisitions Librarian regarding configuration and operational support for acquisitions and resources management functions within the Library’s ILS
- Works with the Director of Research & Digital Scholarship Initiatives on technology platforms supporting the library and our digital collections
- Provides support, documentation, and training to other Librarians and staff working with component parts of the supported library systems as needed
- Stays current with developments in cataloging, bibliographic discovery, description and subject analysis, metadata standards
- Interfaces with external vendors support personnel and with colleagues from other academic institutions on consortia projects and initiatives.
- Evaluates with other librarians the effectiveness and efficiencies of existing library platforms/systems in support of desired configuration, layout, and design of library web resources
- Participates in instruction and research services to gain further insight into users’ practical experience with library discovery tools
General Library Faculty Responsibilities:
- Participates in LIT and Library planning initiatives and in establishing and evaluating goals, objectives, and priorities
- Hires, trains,
supervises,and evaluates any staff that may report to the position
- Serves on university-wide committees, task forces, or study groups as desired or needed
- An ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS degree or equivalent graduate degree and relevant experiences
- Experience, or demonstrated
interestin managing ILS and discovery platforms
- Experience with
the InnovativeInterfaces, Inc. ILS (Sierra)
- Experience working with other applications, systems, and tools, for example, Illiad, OCLCServices,
Ebscohost, or Serials Solutions (ProQuest)
- Experience working with
- Demonstrated Practical experience/familiarity with cataloging and metadata structures and relevant tools for data manipulation
- Familiarity with trends in scholarly communication
- Experience working in an academic library is desired, an academic library in a small liberal arts college is a plus
- Experience with staff supervision, training
anddevelopment (namely, library assistants and student workers)
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a letter of application, resume, and a statement in which you address how you will support our commitment to diversity and inclusion. These documents can be uploaded in the “Applicant Documents” section of your application.
- Professional reference contact information should be provided in the application form.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.