Syracuse University Libraries invite applications for the position of Access Services Supervisor. Under the general direction of the Access Services Manager, the incumbent oversees and manages daily operations of circulation and stacks management in Bird Library. The incumbent is responsible for the supervision of two library technicians and up to 20 student assistants including hiring and training, scheduling and daily performance management. The incumbent works closely with the supervisory team to ensure efficient operation in the areas of circulation, stacks management, course reserves, and Interlibrary Loan and provides advanced-level assistance on patron account issues.
8:00am – 4:00pm
Hours may vary based on operational needs.
• Oversee services and desk operations during daytime hours at Bird Library.
• Coordinates shelving and stacks management.
• Manage Reserves and Circulation during assigned hours.
• Work closely with the evening/weekend supervisors on stacks maintenance, circulation and reserves planning.
• Directly supervise two Access and Resource Sharing Library Technicians, and direct the work of multiple staff and students during assigned shifts or while working on projects.
• Help coordinate service schedules to maximize use of student assistants and staff.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of ongoing training for student assistants, and ongoing training and professional development for Library Technicians.
For full job description and to apply visit: http://www.sujobopps.com/postings/78789
Post expires on Saturday April 6th, 2019