The Upstate Health Sciences Library (HSL) seeks an Academic & Research Services Coordinator. The successful candidate is a forward thinking, innovative, and creative individual who enjoys working with a variety of customer groups, including but not limited to, researchers, residents, students, and faculty to develop, guide, and grow Library services in support of research and academic programs at Upstate Medical University.
This job is for you if you enjoy:
- Teaching and providing library instruction
- Assessing and growing library services
- Supporting and celebrating your team
- Are adaptable to an ever changing environment
On the job you will:
- Lead and set direction for academic research& instruction services by setting goals, and applying best practices and assessment metrics;
- Establish and maintain communication with team to facilitate the work of the library and ensure team is informed of library activities and initiatives;
- Maintain and share knowledge of current trends in higher education, academic libraries, and information and educational technology;
- Collaborate with colleagues to devise and/or revise policies and procedures for academic research& instructional services;
- Complete tasks aligned with research & instruction team needs/goals on the Library assessment committee and Library web team;
- Provide service including: weekly scheduled desk coverage, individual/group research consultations by appointment, develop LibGuides, literature searches of varying complexity, orientations and tours; participate in Saturday rotation;
- Work with librarians on developing teaching objectives, assignments, and initiatives;
- Provide leadership in the assessment of research and instructional services to improve services and develop promotional materials;
- Coordinate with Information Resources Manager to offer product trials and provide collection development input;
- Supervise a team of 4 full-time faculty track librarians.
At the HSL, we:
- Provide the resources and support you need to succeed on the job
- Offer a competitive salary and a respectful, inclusive work e
- Are committed to your professional development, supporting training opportunities and travel to national and regional meetings
- Accommodate a healthy work/life balance
- ALA accredited Master’s degree in library information science or commensurate degree with relevant experience;
- Minimum 5 years experience in an academic library reference/educational services department
- Recent supervisory experience;
- Highly service-oriented, and able to collaborate positively with faculty, colleagues, and administrators;
- Experience developing, coordinating, implementing, and assessing library service programs in reference/educational services;
- Enthusiasm for teaching, and experience teaching library research/information literacy classes or similar classes;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience searching and teaching relevant medical databases such as PubMed and CINAHL;
- Knowledge of or experience with evidence-based practice, research data management, and tools for demonstrating research impact;
- Knowledge of relevant research and publishing processes;
- Experience with bibliographic citation managers (e.g., RefWorks, EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero);
- Knowledge or experience with interprofessional education and practice;
- Knowledge or experience with complex research requests such as systematic reviews, evidence synthesis or consensus statements;
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning theory and information literacy trends;
- Experience creating digital learning objects or delivering online instruction;
- Strong technical skills and an active interest in technology – with the ability to understand how technology can be used for to improve services and instruction efforts;
- Knowledge or experience with dSpace/institutional repositories;
- Experience with course management software (e.g., Blackboard);
- Demonstrated ability building and leading highly functioning teams.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Summary of benefits (http://www.upstate.edu/hr/new_staff/benefits_payroll/uup_benefits.php)
Apply online: https://jobsatupstate.peopleadmin.com/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
The HSL’s mission:
Through its exemplary customer services, the Upstate Health Sciences Library ensures the discoverability and accessibility of the information resources needed to promote a healthy community. Our vision: The Upstate Health Sciences Library will excel at developing and providing innovative and sustainable solutions to meet information needs. We will be our communities’ vital partner in discovery.
More about working at Upstate Medical University (http://www.upstate.edu/hr/jobs/10reasons.php)
The University seeks to create a work environment and organizational culture that reflect the society and community in which it is located and a climate for the success of every employee by appreciating the uniqueness that each one brings to the workplace. The Library encourages all candidates to supply statements demonstrating their commitment to diversity and inclusion as part of their application.
Post expires on Thursday January 31st, 2019