The Pulaski Public Library is looking for a dedicated and customer-focused individual for the permanent position of library director. Pulaski is a community centrally located between Watertown and Syracuse, NY and within five miles of the eastern shore of Lake Ontario.
This position has a particular emphasis on customer service and, among others, will include:
- Administering Board policies and making policy recommendations to the Board.
- Preparing the budget.
- Supervising, hiring, training and evaluating personnel and volunteer coordination.
- Accountability for promoting and evaluating activities, programs, and services.
- Reviewing and approving the selection of all materials for purchase.
- Participating in professional meetings, classes, conferences, and workshops.
- Working with elected officials, school officials and civic organizations.
Qualifications: A library science degree is preferred but not required. A minimum of an associate degree or equivalent amount of college credit is required. Previous library experience of two to five years is preferred. Applicants should have experience in public service and dealing with the public. Applicants must have a good general knowledge and an interest in reading and current affairs.
The position begins on October 1, 2018, and is based on a 35 hour week with nights and weekends required as needed. Compensation will range between $16.00 – $18.00 per hour based on experience. Benefits include New York State Retirement and medical insurance. Vacation days, sick days, and paid holidays are available. A background check will be conducted.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three current references to Mr. James Butler, President, Board of Trustees, Pulaski Public Library, 4917 N. Jefferson Street, Pulaski, NY 13142. Application deadline is Friday, September 7, 2018.
Post expires on Saturday September 8th, 2018