Title: Research Services Librarian
Position Type: Temporary / Part-time (50%)
Appointment Start date: 08/01/2018
Appointment End date: 05/31/2019
Job Summary/Basic Function: SUNY Potsdam College Libraries are seeking a Research Services librarian for part-time temporary employment to support our core services during a time of staffing turnover.
Job Requirements & Essential Functions of the Job: The Research Services librarian will provide research assistance in the busy Lougheed Learning Commons. They will report to the Director of Libraries and will join a team of 7 librarians and 9 other employees. The Research Services librarian will provide research assistance to students and faculty at our Research Help Desk, by individual appointment, and in multiple online venues. They may also provide some support for collection development, website content development, and marketing of library services, dependent on the strengths of the successful applicant.
- Masters degree from an ALA-accredited program
- Demonstrated aptitude for public service work;
- Demonstrated ability to provide research assistance face-to-face and/or online;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, collegially and collaboratively;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as evidenced by application materials and interviews.
- We are seeking candidates who possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students and colleagues and who have demonstrated a commitment to creating, fostering and sustaining an inclusive environment in and out of the classroom.
Preferred Qualifications: We are, especially, seeking candidates who have worked with, done research with, or taught under-represented groups and have worked collaboratively across various departments in fostering success of underrepresented groups.
Post expires on Thursday August 30th, 2018