NNYLN offers member organizations the opportunity to apply for one of two grants: NNYLN Special Collections Grant or NNYLN Innovation Grant.
NNYLN Special Collections Grant
This grant intends to support increased access to special content and collections in member organizations. Projects may or may not include digitizing historical collections. Projects seeking archivist services or consultation are eligible, such as assistance with exhibit implementation, strategic planning, staff training, cataloging, or other areas.
NNYLN Innovation Grant
This grant intends to promote strategic development of new or improved programs or services by supporting exploratory projects aligned with an organization’s mission and program priorities, as well as the goals of its greater community. Competitive applications will address a problem or need common among peer institutions with tactics that could be scaled or replicated. Preference may be shown to efforts that leverage or contribute to broader projects (online repositories, local/regional/state initiatives, etc.). Successful applications will demonstrate clear potential impact or outcomes with specific audiences.
- Grant funds are to be used for demonstrable improvements in library services.
- The minimum grant amount is $2,000; maximum is $10,000.
- Grant funds for the digitization of research resources are especially encouraged.
- All projects must be sustainable: proposals must demonstrate the ability and commitment by the applicant to continue funded projects beyond the grant period.
- Grant funds may not be used to pay for the normal operations of the library or replace current staff salaries with grant funds. No grant funds may be used for the retrospective conversion of library materials or continuation of library programs currently in place. Equipment upgrades are considered library programs currently in place and are not eligible for funding. Member organizations may submit only one grant, be it Special Collection or Innovation.
- This is a competitive grant program and will use outside application reviewers.
- The timeframe for projects funded by this grant is October 1, 2018 – June 15, 2019. All projects funded with the assistance of NNYLN Special Collections or NNYLN Innovation Grants require a mid-year report by January 15th, and a final report with receipts/invoices by June 15th, 2019. Grant funds will be distributed as reimbursements upon submission of final report to NNYLN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Awardees must present or share findings with NNYLN membership in a format arranged with NNYLN staff.
- All projects must state “Funding for this project provided by the Northern New York Library Network” on all relevant materials.
- Applications must be received by August 24, 2018, and should be emailed to email@example.com
Post expires on Friday August 31st, 2018