Empire State Library Network is hiring a part-time Delivery Services Specialist.
The Delivery Services Specialist is responsible for the support and improvement of Empire Library Delivery (ELD), a statewide delivery service that transports material between libraries across New York State.
This is an hourly, non-exempt, part-time position (approximately 25 hours per week) working out of the Capital District Library Council in Albany, NY. This position reports to the Empire Library Delivery Manager.
ELD is a statewide delivery service maintained by the Empire State Library Network (ESLN). ESLN contracts with an independent shipping service to provide daily delivery to participating libraries.
Empire State Library Network’s Delivery Services Specialist serves as the primary contact for libraries participating in ELD and is the liaison between participating libraries and the delivery services vendor. The Delivery Services Specialist will provide service information and resolve any emerging issues with accuracy and efficiency.
The Delivery Services Specialist:
- Ensures excellent service standards by responding efficiently to customer inquiries, maintaining high customer satisfaction, and soliciting customer feedback.
- Handles customer complaints, provides appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follows up to ensure resolution.
- Liaises with the courier regarding delivery service issues and concerns on a day-to-day basis; investigates issues when there is not enough information to resolve customer concerns.
- Prepares and distributes Empire Library Delivery news and updates to member libraries.
- Orders and distributes Empire Library Delivery supplies, such as bags and totes.
- Reconciles invoices, billing, and authorizes payments.
- Prepares instructional and marketing material for ELD participants.
- Provides weekly service reports to the Empire Library Delivery Manager, summarizing resolved and ongoing issues.
- Assists in the development of delivery improvements, managing the ELD Practitioners Group to solicit feedback and suggested improvements.
- Collects and maintains delivery statistics.
- Keeps records of customer interactions and files documents.
The ideal candidate is eager to help Empire Library Delivery (ELD) participants by providing exemplary customer service. The successful candidate will be highly effective at proactively solving delivery service issues and ensuring that both the ELD participants and the courier meet Empire Library Delivery standards. Additionally, the candidate:
- Has excellent customer service skills and demonstrated experience; handles customer interactions with poise and professional demeanor
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is attentive to detail and works accurately and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Is a confident and natural troubleshooter, handling service issues with patience, efficiency, and thorough communication
- Is able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Has working knowledge of computer applications such as the Google Suite and Mailchimp, with the ability to learn new programs
- Has familiarity with interlibrary loan or demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Has familiarity with logistics or demonstrates a willingness to learn
EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree preferred, Associate’s required.
COMPENSATION: $15-$20/hour, based on experience. This position does not include benefits.
To apply: Interested applicants should email, in PDF format, a resume, professional references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled, however preference will be given to applications received by December 22.
Post expires on Saturday December 23rd, 2017