Job opportunities currently available throughout the Northern New York Library Network's region:
Technical Services Assistant (Watertown)-------------------- Technical Services Assistant (Watertown) North Country Library System is seeking an innovative, self-motivated, enthusiastic Technical Services Assistant. This full time position is 37.5 hours per week, 8:00-4:30 Monday-Friday. General Description: Provide support & training through phone, e-mail, verbal to library staff. To assist in the installation, support, management, maintenance, and documentation of the ILS system, and other software used for daily tasks in the library setting. Requirements:
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products and the Internet
- Experience in computer-skills training
- Two year degree or years of experience in a library or a computer related field.
- Experience in using a circulation system in a library
- Cataloging experience
- Supervisory experience
Significant Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide library staff with basic instruction on use of personal computers, hardware, software, and library procedures. Includes: ICICILL for interlibrary loan, SirsiDynix Symphony for circulation and Internet searching.
- Assist in training library staff on the process of bar-coding the collection. The process includes traveling to the libraries for one-on-one training in adding, editing and deleting of item records.
- Provide training to NCLS staff and member library staff as necessary.
- Assist with running reports from the ILS (Integrated Library System).
- Assist with the configuration of the ILS
- Conduct skills assessment on library staff.
- Provide training classes on various topics, such as searching and registering patrons.
- Provide telephone and on-site hardware and software support for library staff. This includes installation of software and hardware.
- Assist in ILS upgrades.
- Maintain the bibliographic and item database by creating, deleting and/or editing MARC & item records.
The starting salary range is $22,442 to $30,054 (placement dependent upon experience and qualifications) with a benefits package consisting of New York State Retirement, Health Insurance and Vacation & Sick leave.
Please send a resume and application (available at ncls.northcountrylibraries.org/job_opportunities)
to Marcia Bulger 22072 County Route 190 Watertown NY 13601
If you are a library in the NNYLN's region and have a job vacancy announcement you would like posted here, please send your information, including CLOSING DATE for applications, to Regional Services Librarian Eric Alan, at email@example.com.
Other sites for library employment information: