Job opportunities currently available throughout the Northern New York Library Network's region:
Qualifications: ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent; ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively; knowledge of current and emerging technologies in librarianship; interest in the digitization of archival and special collections; excellent presentation and writing skills. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Compensation: Salary range $45,000-$50,000 depending upon qualifications; excellent benefits. The Network strongly encourages and supports professional development. Apply to: Northern New York Library Network, Potsdam, NY, by emailing resume and supporting materials to: HR@nnyln.org Position open until filled.
About the Northern New York Library Network: The NNYLN offices are located in Potsdam, NY, near both the Adirondack Mountains Blue Line and the St. Lawrence River/Thousand Islands region. The Network is a reference and research resources council (3Rs), providing a wide range of services to libraries of all kinds in its seven county service area. The Network collaborates with libraries and systems throughout the state through its membership in the NY 3Rs Association, Inc.
(Posted March 3, 2014) --------------------
Classification - Salaried, Full-time
Responsibilities -The Director is responsible for overseeing, supervising and planning for all aspects of operations at the Adirondack History Center Museum. The Director is responsible for leadership and planning for programs, activities, and the business of the organization. The Director’s leadership role includes a commitment to promoting the value of historical interpretation in a history museum environment. The Director works toward fulfilling the long-term vision and mission of the museum and collaborates with other institutions to address the challenges and potential for cultural heritage organizations in the 21st century. The Director works with board members, staff, volunteers, cultural organizations, government agencies and the public to establish and maintain cooperative planning and working relationships for the benefit of the Museum. The Director serves as county historian, coordinating activities with twenty municipal historians.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability -
* Knowledge of resource development and pursuit of funding opportunities
* Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment
* Ability to collaborate in a variety of partnerships and networks
* Management and supervisory skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to write grant applications
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to be flexible and work on a variety of projects at one time
* Computer skills including MS Office, Past Perfect Museum software
* Knowledge of best practices for Museums, Archives and Libraries
* Knowledge of sound organizational financial management
* Knowledge of facility management and development
* Ability to promote and advance educational and outreach initiatives
* Knowledge of membership development and public relations
* Ability to provide technical assistance to local historical organizations
* Bachelor’s Degree, Masters Degree preferred
* Museum and/or library and/or historical organization administrative and supervisory experience
* Proven ability in fundraising and grant writing
* Professional development and experience in collections care, exhibits, interpretive programs, digitization
To Apply - Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and references before March 21, 2014 to email@example.com.
(Posted March 4, 2014) --------------------
If you are a library in the NNYLN's region and have a job vacancy announcement you would like posted here, please send your information, including CLOSING DATE for applications, to Communications Coordinator Pamela Ouimet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other sites for library employment information: