Job opportunities currently available throughout the Northern New York Library Network's region:
Weekend Library Technician (Paul Smiths)
Library Media Specialist (Plattsburgh)
Position: Weekend Library Technician
Status: Part Time
Reports to: Director of Library
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises building and college work study students
- Process books and periodicals
- Read shelves
- Shelve books and periodicals
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of computers, including Microsoft office suite
- Interest in working with patrons in one-on-one or group situations
- Desire to share varied workload in a team atmosphere
- Familiarity with libraries
- Ability to carry 25 lbs. 100 yards
- Associates degree
- Library work experience
- Internet searching expertise
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, current resume and contact information for three professional references. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Mailing address: Human Resources Generalist, Paul Smith’s College, PO Box 265, Paul Smiths, N.Y. 12970. Fax to: (518) 327-6161. Review of applications will begin immediately.
SUNY Oswego seeks a temporary librarian for Spring 2015 to provide reference and instructional services. Special projects or other assignments may be negotiated. ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS or equivalent degree and library reference experience required. This position will require primarily daytime and also some evening and weekend hours.
Review of applications will begin January 5, 2015. For complete information about the position and application procedures, visit our website at www.oswego.edu/vacancies.
SUNY Oswego is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Learning Technologies/Reference Librarian (Oswego)
Penfield Library at SUNY Oswego seeks a motivated, creative, and user-focused librarian to support student success through the integration of new learning technologies into library services.
Date Posted: December 19, 2014
Review Date: Review of applications will begin February 1, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary: Commensurate with rank and experience of Senior Assistant librarian.
Anticipated Date of Appointment: June 1, 2015
Description of Responsibilities: In collaboration with librarians and staff, this person will provide leadership in the planning, policy development, and implementation of services and instructional venues that assist students and faculty with the creative application of current and emerging technologies. This is a 12-month, tenure-track position with faculty status at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian. Responsibilities of this position include:
● Identify and develop expertise in learning technologies that will benefit students, including cloud and client based software and devices that will foster innovation and productivity.
● Support and manage the use of learning technology adopted by the library. This includes maintaining a learning technology inventory and overseeing 3D printing. Work with Access Services to establish best practices for the circulation of equipment and devices.
● Promote and provide instruction related to class assignments about the best use of the library's learning technologies.
○ Work with instructors to show their students what the library has to offer regarding learning technologies and best practices for their use
○ Offer sessions to students and faculty to promote the use of learning technologies the library has to offer
○ Provide consultation for students as requested
● Collaborate with the Campus Technology Services to manage, promote, and support the library's Multimedia Production Rooms.
● Help to create and promote facilities that support group study and creative collaboration.
● As a key member of the Research Tech Squad, help to expand the technical competencies of our librarians and staff.
● Assist in supporting the use of library media for teaching, learning and the production of new knowledge.
The position will include participating in our suite of reference services, including some evening/weekend hours, working as subject liaison with selected disciplines, and providing information literacy instruction and/or collection development in liaison areas.
Library faculty are expected to serve on departmental and campus committees, make scholarly contributions to the field, and pursue ongoing professional growth.
● MLS from an ALA-accredited institution, or the equivalent from another country, by the time of hire;
● teaching experience in both one-on-one and classroom settings;
● demonstrated knowledge and experience with current and emerging technologies that contribute to meeting the scholastic needs of students, including the use of social media and multimedia production;
● demonstrated skills utilizing several of the following: presentation software, digital audio and video production/editing products, graphics software, digital storytelling tools, and web authoring tools;
● excellent communication skills;
● demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students and faculty;
● experience working with multicultural populations;
● leadership or project management experience.
To Apply: Submit a letter of application addressing all required qualifications, a copy of transcripts with conferment date, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three current references electronically to http://oswego.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=55859
Questions about the position may be directed to Christopher Hebblethwaite, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com or 315-312-3060.
Official transcripts are required prior to hiring.
Champlain Valley Educational Services is looking for a full-time Library Media Specialist. Information about this job posting can be found on CVES' web page. The deadline for applications is January 29, 2015.
--------------------If you are a library in the NNYLN's region and have a job vacancy announcement you would like posted here, please send your information, including CLOSING DATE for applications, to Regional Services Librarian Eric Alan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other sites for library employment information: